If you are a private landowner or land manager with a natural resource concern (such as soil erosion or water quality) and would like technical and financial assistance to address the problem, the Cooperative Landowner Incentive Program (CLIP) might be for you.
CLIP provides 50% cost-share, up to $7500 per application, to assist with the costs of installing District-approved conservation practices. Properties must be inside EMSWCD’s service area, which is all Multnomah County east of the Willamette River.
- Rural acreage, hobby farm, and small woodlot owners
- Commercial farms and nurseries
- Land managers or renters of agricultural land (with landowner’s consent)
- Homeowners, homeowner associations or commercial property owners that are:
- Within 300 feet of a stream, river, or wetland; and/or
- Within 300 feet of a “high conservation value” natural area as determined by EMSWCD staff; and/or
- Connected to a system that discharges untreated stormwater directly into a stream or waterway; and/or
- In addition to the above, if the property is a private, multi-family housing complex, it must be within an EMSWCD equity priority zone.
Find out if you’re eligible!
Contact our technical staff to find out if your project is eligible for a CLIP grant:
- (503) 222-7645
CLIP projects must address one or more of the following:
- Soil erosion
- Soil health
- Water quality
- Water use (on working agricultural or range lands only)
- Natural habitat (including fish passage)
- Watershed health
- For residential or commercial properties the project must also:
- Improve wildlife habitat on a parcel at least ½-acre in size; and/or
- Provide volume reduction of stormwater runoff totaling at least 50,000 gallons/year.
- For multi-family housing complexes:
- If the project includes mixed edible and native gardens, the gardens must be at least 500 square feet in size.
- Contact our technical staff at firstname.lastname@example.org/mu or (503) 222-7645 to determine if your project meets the criteria for funding.
- A District staff person will assist you with the CLIP application.
- You must agree to accept technical assistance from District staff in planning and/or implementing any CLIP-funded practices.
- Applications are accepted on an on-going basis.
- Funding is contingent on approval by the Board of Directors.